Podcasts and Program Notes
2018-19 BSO Podcasts & Program Notes!
Check here for the latest Podcasts for the 2018-19 BSO Season! Program notes are generally posted the week of the performance date.
Einfelde and Mahler, October 25-30
- Video: A short introduction to Mahler's all-embracing. ninety-minute Symphony No. 2, Resurrection.
- Video Podcast: Mahler
- Brian Bell spends 60 seconds to introduce the program of October 25-30, 2018.
Harbison, Rachmaninoff and Prokofiev, October 18-23
- Audio Concert Preview by Robert Kirzinger.
- Video: A short introduction to Prokofiev's famed ballet score Romeo and Juliet, which includes some of the composer's best-known music.
- Video: BSO Associate Conductor Ken-David Masur is joined by outstanding American pianist Garrick Ohlsson for a work heard relatively rarely despite the popularity of its composer, Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 1.
- Brian Bell takes just a minute to introduce the program of October 18-23, 2018.
- Video Podcast: Take a deeper look into Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet. Produced by Anthony Princiotti.
Works showcasing the BSO's strings, winds, brass and percussion, October 11-13
- Brian Bell takes a couple of minutes to sample the first BSO program of the season, October 11-13, 2018.
- Video Podcast: Bartók Concerto for Orchestra
- Video: A short introduction to Bartók's Concerto for Orchestra-a work commissioned by Serge Koussevitzky and premiered by the BSO in 1944.
- Video: A short introduction to Stravinsky's piquant Symphonies of Wind Instruments.
- Audio Concert Preview: Written by Robert Kirzinger and Marc Mandel.