Rent the Hall
View Photos of the Symphony Hall Auditorium:
All fees are subject to change without
Expenses are determined by production requirements - please use this sheet for budget purposes only.
Monday through Thursday: $5,400
Friday through Sunday: $5,700
Holidays (state & federal): $6,800
- Five (5) hours of time on premises incl. the two and a half (2.5) hour Duration of Performance & (2.5) hours preceding said performance
- BSO stage personnel – does not incl. outside vendors
- Environmental controls as determined by BSO
- Standard concert lighting (white)
- Electrician & HVAC technician if required
- One (1) rehearsal within two and half (2.5) hours of Performance. (Subject to Availability)
FRONT OF HOUSE PERSONNEL
Front of House personnel for (1) concert: $4,800
- Front of House Manager
- Additional FOH supervisors, staff, coat check, door, matron & access coordinators as determined by BSO
- Private security for all front/back of house locations
- Boston Police security detail $1,400
NOTE: Requests for sound checks that require an artist or artists to be on stage in excess of thirty (30) minutes will be considered rehearsals in the sole judgment of BSO.
- Entertainment License $150
Box Office Services $1,400
- ticket sales via Box Office, phone & web
- staffing on night of performance
- weekly sales reporting (M/W/F)
Ticket printing $300 br>
Consignment (excess of 500) $1000
Stage Seats (when possible, per seat) $15
House PA (D&B Q1) $3,000
- House P.A. (system including Digico SD10 board)
- up to two (2) hours of advance work prior to the show date
- A1: ten (10) hours
- brief microphne usage from stage
Light Designers $500
- one (1) spotlight operator
20K Projector, 18K Projector, Seasonal Projection Screen, Projectionist $5,000
NOTE: Cost of Projectionist is based on ten (10) hour day-rate. Extra charges will apply if additional Projectionist or Services are needed.
INSTRUMENTATION / STAGE CONSTRUCTION
- Steinway Piano (includes  tuning by BSO technician) $500
- Organ & Console (includes  tuning by BSO vendor) $2,800
- Choral Risers $1,600
- Platform Decks (per platform) $75
- Stage Extension (all lengths) $3,000
NOTE: Please contact BSO for more information.
- No Intermission $500
- Balloon Drop $750
- Additional Load-In (per hour) Price based on needs
NOTE: This will apply to those who request access 4 hours or more prior to the stated Duration of Engagement.
- Parking Permits (pcost is dependent on fees from City) Price based on needs
- Program Inserts $150
- Excess electrical (*) $500
NOTE: Fee levied for any additional power tie is for sound, lights, busses, catering equipment, etc beyond the normal limits of Symphony Hall.
- Merchandise Commission
Books, CD's & DVD's 10%
All other types 30%
NOTE: Commission is based on the gross sales after tax of each type of item. MA state sales tax is 6.25%.
FUNCTION / SPECIAL EVENT
Additional space is leased on a 3 hour event basis. Additional time can be arranged pending availability.
- Higginson Hall $3,900
- Higginson Hall South $2,300
- Higginson Hall North $2,100
- Nathan R. Miller Room $1,200
- Cabot-Cahners Room $2,750
- O'Block-Kay Room $2,500
Overtime begins two and one half (2.5) hours after the stated Duration of Performance. Overtime begins immediately after
- 00 to 15 minutes: $750
- 16 to 30 minutes: $1,500
- 31 to 45 minutes: $2,250
- 46 to 60 minutes: $3,000
- 61 to 75 minutes: $3,750
Audio/Video Recording &
Separate contract(s) govern the broadcast/reproduction/distribution of all material recording in Symphony Hall.
BSO will contract for and arrange all recording equipment & services on behalf of LICENSEE.
Prices listed below include the cost of studio usage, one (1) engineer at a ten (10) hour day-rate, and royalty fee.
NOTE: The cost of a second engineer (A2) at a ten (10) hour day-rate will be an additional $600. Use of Studio and Engineer(s) beyond ten (10) hours will be subject to an additional charge of $420 per hour.
- Archival $2,800
- Non-Commercial $3,200
- Commercial $4,150
- Archival $ 3,950
- Non-Commercial $ 5,100
- Commercial $ 6,500
For further information and bookings, please contact:
Event Services at (617)
These charges are subject to change without notice.