Highlights of Your Membership Benefits
Advance Ticket Ordering Privileges
Friends of the BSO at all levels are entitled to purchase tickets for in-person performances prior to the public on-sale date. Advance sale dates and seating priority are determined by membership level, with highest membership levels given first priority. Ticketing information and on-sale dates will be sent out prior to the public sale.
- Donors at the $100 Friend level and above receive advance ticket ordering privileges to BSO concerts, prior to the public on-sale date
- Donors at the $500 Sonata level and above also receive advance ordering privileges for Holiday Pops and Tanglewood concerts
- Donors at the $1,000 Baton and $2,500 Munch Circle levels receive access to a SymphonyCharge hotline and free exchanges of tickets for BSO concert seasons
Exclusive Donor Experiences
Throughout each season, the BSO holds several special events exclusively for donors to our annual funds at the $100+ levels. You will receive email invitations to all of the events that you are eligible to attend. Please note that if you are unsubscribed to BSO emails you will not be receiving our invitations. To re-subscribe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more specific information on upcoming donor events click here.
- Boston Annual Fund donors at the $100 Friend level and above receive access to donor-only online listening opportunities and performances, upcoming Q&As with Special Guests, and upcoming behind-the-scenes experiences
- Boston Annual Fund donors at the $500 Sonata level and above also receive an invitation to one of three panel discussions this season, entitled Key Changes: Music-Making Evolved
- Boston Annual Fund donors at the $1,000 Baton level and above receive an invitation to two of three panel discussions this season, entitled Key Changes: Music-Making Evolved
- Boston Annual Fund donors at the $2,500 Munch Circle level and above receive an invitation to all three-panel discussion this season, entitled Key Changes: Music-Making Evolved
- Boston Annual Fund donors at the $4,000 Higginson Society Member level and above will be invited to a virtual, intimate event with BSO musicians
- Boston Annual Fund donors at the $6,000 Higginson Society Sponsor level and above will receive an invitation to participate in a virtual Listening Party led by a member of the BSO’s artistic administration and other special guests
- Boston Annual Fund donors at $12,000 level and above will be invited to an exclusive BSO experience
The Friends Office Helpline can assist you in getting the most from your Friends membership, from questions about upcoming Friends-only events, to information about advance ticket opportunities.
- Donors at all levels have access to the Friends Helpline at 617-638-9276
The Symphony Shop, Tanglewood Glass Houses, and online store are the official gift shops of the BSO. All offer a multitude of BSO merchandise including clothing, recordings, videos, novelties, and décor.
- Donors at all levels are entitled to a 10% discount at the Symphony Shop, Tanglewood Glass Houses, and online store
Beranek Room Access
The Beranek Room is the BSO's donors-only lounge where Higginson Society-level donors can relax, enjoy a complimentary beverage, and meet other Society members prior to a concert or during intermission when visiting Symphony Hall.
- Munch Circle members at the $2,500 level receive a one-time pass for pre-concert and intermission access to the Beranek Room
- Higginson Society members at the $4,000 level and above receive season-long access to the Beranek Room
Concierge Ticket Assistance
The BSO's Concierge Ticket Assistance Program provides donors with an exclusive, dedicated ticket agent to help them with their ticketing needs.
- Higginson Society members at the $4,000 level and above receive concierge ticket assistance
Tax Identification Number
Boston Symphony Orchestra, Inc. is a US tax-exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (Tax ID Number: 04-2103550).
All gifts to the BSO are tax-deductible as allowed by law.