BSO 101 at Symphony Hall
BSO 101-a free adult education series at Symphony Hall on Five Wednesday evenings, 5:30-7PM
BSO 101 returns in 2019–20, again offering the opportunity to increase your enjoyment of BSO concerts.
These free Wednesday sessions with BSO Director of Program Publications Marc Mandel and Associate Director of Program Publications Robert Kirzinger, joined by members of the BSO, are designed to enhance your listening experience and appreciation of music by focusing on upcoming BSO repertoire. In addition, each session is followed by a free tour of Symphony Hall.
What to know before you go:
- BSO 101 is an informative talk. While members of the BSO may participate in the session, it is not a musical performance.
- Attendees of BSO 101 may enjoy a free tour of Symphony Hall after the session concludes. The session itself generally takes place in one of the function rooms located at Symphony Hall, not in the Hall itself.
- BSO 101 run time is approximately 90 minutes, and is not recommended for young children.
- Although admission to BSO 101 is free, we request that you make a reservation to secure your place online (by clicking the RSVP ONLINE button below), or by calling SymphonyCharge to RSVP at 888-266-1200.
- Information on Directions and Parking
Marc Mandel, with BSO violist Danny Kim, who participated in the BSO/GHO Musician Exchange program last season playing with the GHO in Leipzig, and GHO flutist Manfred Ludwig, who is playing with the BSO this fall.
Repertoire to be discussed:
WAGNER Overture to The Flying Dutchman
MENDELSSOHN Symphony No. 3, Scottish
SCHOENBERG Verklärte Nacht (Transfigured Night)
SCRIABIN Poem of Ecstasy