BSO COMMUNITY CHAMBER CONCERTS: REQUEST FORM
Program Mission: BSO Community Chamber Concerts provide high-quality, relevant and engaging free chamber music concerts performed by BSO musicians in greater Boston area communities limited in access to the BSO by distance or economics. These concerts build personal connections to the BSO and orchestral music, allowing community members to become more deeply engaged with the BSO over time.
We are always on the lookout for new communities with which to connect through this concert series. Please complete the below FORM to submit a request for hosting a performance. The following are a few stipulations connected to being a host of a BSO Community Chamber Concert:
Venues must be located within a 1-hour drive of Symphony Hall in Boston.
- Ideal venues have a capacity of 250-600 people, have a history of attracting community-based audiences, and have access to parking or close proximity to an MBTA stop.
- Interested organizations/venues should have a dedication to hosting, marketing, and supporting this event through various mediums in their respective communities.
- Religious organizations and individual schools are not eligible to apply. City-wide officials may apply on behalf of an educational venue (i.e. school auditorium) or religious venue with the understanding that the initiative comes from the town's main office and not an individual school/religious institution.
- All BSO Community Chamber Concerts and post-concert receptions are provided by the BSO, free of charge - as such, venues cannot use said event for promotional and/or financial means - these concerts are intended to build relationships with the BSO through free high-quality chamber performances.
- There will need to be a second space (or sizable lobby/entrance area) to accommodate the post-concet reception (provided by the BSO).
- The form is a request - your submission will be taken into consideration by our staff, but submitting a request does not obligate the Boston Symphony Orchestra to host a BSO Community Chamber Concert at your venue of choice.