Program Mission: BSO Community Chamber
Concerts provide high-quality, relevant and engaging free chamber
music concerts performed by BSO musicians in greater Boston area
communities limited in access to the BSO by distance or economics.
These concerts build personal connections to the BSO and orchestral
music, allowing community members to become more deeply engaged
with the BSO over time.
We are always on the lookout for new
communities with which to connect through this concert
series. Please complete the below FORM to submit a
request for hosting a performance. The following are a
few stipulations connected to being a host of a BSO
Community Chamber Concert:
- Venues must be located within a 1-hour drive of Symphony
Hall in Boston.
- Ideal venues have a capacity of 250-600 people, have a history
of attracting community-based audiences, and have access to parking
or close proximity to an MBTA stop.
- Interested organizations/venues should have a dedication to
hosting, marketing, and supporting this event through various
mediums in their respective communities.
- Religious organizations and individual schools are not eligible
to apply. City-wide officials may apply on behalf of an educational
venue (i.e. school auditorium) or religious venue with the
understanding that the initiative comes from the town's main office
and not an individual school/religious institution.
- All BSO Community Chamber Concerts and post-concert receptions
are provided by the BSO, free of charge - as such, venues cannot
use said event for promotional and/or financial means - these
concerts are intended to build relationships with the BSO through
free high-quality chamber performances.
- There will need to be a second space (or sizable lobby/entrance
area) to accommodate the post-concet reception (provided by the
- The form is a request - your submission will be taken into
consideration by our staff, but submitting a request does not
obligate the Boston Symphony Orchestra to host a BSO Community
Chamber Concert at your venue of choice.