November 21-25, Beethoven and Bruckner
Andris Nelsons conducts Beethoven
and Bruckner, November 21-25
BSO Music Director Andris Nelsons returns to Symphony Hall for three concerts.
Purchase a Pre-Concert Meal Ahead of Time Online!
All orders must be placed 72 hours prior to the performance.
About the Music: Podcasts & Program Notes
Check back for the latest Podcasts!
Program notes are generally posted the week of the performance date.
- Brian Bell takes a minute to preview the program of Beethoven and Bruckner, being performed on November 21-25, 2017.
- Audio Concert Preview by Robert Kirzinger and Marc Mandel.
- Video Podcast: Bruckner Symphony No. 4 by Anthony Princiotti.
- BSO Music Director Andris Nelsons speaks with Brian Bell about the Bruckner 4th Symphony, which will be performed on November 21-25, 2017.
- Pianist Rudolf Buchbinder speaks with Brian Bell about Beethoven and his First Piano Concerto, which will be performed November 21-25, 2017.
Andris Nelsons, conductor
Rudolf Buchbinder, piano
BEETHOVEN Piano Concerto No. 1
BRUCKNER Symphony No. 4, Romantic
BSO Music Director Andris Nelsons returns to Symphony Hall for three concerts Tuesday, November 21- Saturday, November 25, in continuation of his survey of the complete symphonies of Bruckner with the orchestra. Having previously performed the composer's Third, Sixth, and Seventh symphonies together, Maestro Nelsons and the BSO take on the Symphony No. 4, Romantic, in these concerts. Marked by the soaring grandeur and long-breathed melodies so characteristic of Bruckner, the Fourth is one of the composer's most direct and approachable works. To open the program, Austrian pianist Rudolf Buchbinder, a frequent collaborator with Mr. Nelsons, joins the orchestra for Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 1.