APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS HARP FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Live Audition: Jan. 21, 2019
Video Audition: Feb. 15, 2019
In most cases live auditions are conducted by a single member of the audition committee and/or TMC staff, and video recorded for review by the full audition committee in Boston. Most auditions are 10 minutes long. Live auditions are self-scheduled by the applicant at www.GetAcceptd.com. Applicants will be directed to do so once an application is submitted. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to secure the best possible audition time for themselves.
2019 LIVE AUDITIONS: Boston: Feb. 9
Note there will be no auditions in New York City this year.
VIDEO AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS
Those applicants who are unable to audition live must submit a video recording via the online application.
- Video recordings must contain all audition repertoire in the order listed, played in a CONTINUOUS UNEDITED SEGMENT; any indication that there has been editing or that recording equipment was paused/stopped between excerpts will result in the disqualification of the applicant
- All pieces should be played unaccompanied, unless otherwise noted in the audition requirements.
- We strongly recommend you view to your recording all the way through before submitting.
1. Solo of your choice not exceeding 10 mins long
2. MOZART Concerto for Flute and Harp, mvt. III: beginning to 10 mm after rhl E
3. RAVEL Introduction and Allegro: Allegro from rhl 2-3; and Cadenza
BRITTEN Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Cadenza and Fugue
RAVEL Tzigane: Cadenza
TCHAIKOVSKY Swan Lake: Cadenza