HARP FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 22nd, 2018
The TMC office will contact you by e-mail to schedule your audition within five business days of receiving your application. Auditions are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications received early will have the first choice of audition date and time. In most cases live auditions are conducted by a single member of the audition committee and/or TMC staff, and video recorded for review by the full audition committee in Boston. Most auditions are 10 minutes long.
HARP LIVE AUDITION SCHEDULE
Boston: February 24
New York City: February 25
VIDEO AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS
Those applicants who are unable to audition live must submit a video recording via the online application
- Video recordings must contain all audition repertoire in the order listed, played in a CONTINUOUS UNEDITED SEGMENT; any indication that there has been editing or that recording equipment was paused/stopped between excerpts will result in the disqualification of the applicant
- All pieces should be played unaccompanied, unless otherwise noted in the audition requirements.
- We strongly recommend you view to your recording all the way through before submitting.
HARP AUDITION REPERTOIRE
- Solo of your choice not exceeding 10 mins long
- Mozart Concerto for Flute and Harp, mvt. III: beginning to 10 mm after rhl E
- Ravel Introduction and Allegro: Allegro from rhl 2-3; Cadenza
BRITTEN Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra: Cadenza and Fugue
BARTOK Concerto for Orchestra: mvts. I, IV, and V
STRAUSS Ein Heldenleben: beginning to rhl 12; 5 mm after rhl 79 to 8mm after rhl 84
RAVEL Tzigane: Cadenza