an opportunity to see, hear, touch, and play instruments of the orchestra.
Managed by the Boston Symphony Association of Volunteers, the Instrument Playground offers children and students an opportunity to see, hear, touch, and play instruments of the orchestra in an effort to deepen their understanding of the orchestra, allow them first-hand contact with orchestral instruments, and to inspire future participation in instrumental music.
The Instrument Playground is intended to serve the broad Berkshire community, and often provides a first point of exposure to a wide range of musical instruments.
Instrument Playground Events, 2019 Season:
- Tanglewood in the City, July 19 from 6:30-7:30pm at the Pittsfield Common
- Tanglewood on Parade, July 23 from 2-4 in the Tent Club at Tanglewood
- Following Tanglewood Family Concert, Saturday, July 27 from 11-noon in the Foyer of Ozawa Hall at Tanglewood (strings only)
- Tanglewood Family Fun Fest, Friday, August 2 from 4-5:30pm in the Formal Gardens Tent at Tanglewood
- We will also offer a mini-instrument playground (1-2 instruments) following all Watch and Plays at Tanglewood. Dates TBD.