Rent the Hall
View Photos of the Symphony Hall Auditorium:
All fees are subject to change without
Expenses are determined by production requirements - please use this sheet for budget purposes only.
Monday through Thursday: $5,400
Friday through Sunday: $5,700
Holidays (state & federal): $6,800
- Five (5) hours of time on premises incl. the two and a half (2.5) hour Duration of Performance & (2.5) hours preceding said performance
- BSO stage personnel – does not incl. outside vendors
- Environmental controls as determined by BSO
- Standard concert lighting (white)
- Electrician & HVAC technician if required
- One (1) rehearsal within two and half (2.5) hours of Performance. (Subject to Availability)
FRONT OF HOUSE PERSONNEL
Front of House personnel for (1) concert: $4,800
- Front of House Manager
- Additional FOH supervisors, staff, coat check, door, matron & access coordinators as determined by BSO
- Private security for all front/back of house locations
- Boston Police security detail $1,400
NOTE: Requests for sound checks that require an artist or artists to be on stage in excess of thirty (30) minutes will be considered rehearsals in the sole judgment of BSO.
- Entertainment License $150
Box Office Services $1,400
- ticket sales via Box Office, phone & web
- staffing on night of performance
- weekly sales reporting (M/W/F)
Ticket printing $300 br>
Consignment (excess of 500) $1000
Stage Seats (when possible, per seat) $15
House PA (D&B Q1) $3,000
- House P.A. (system including Digico SD10 board)
- up to two (2) hours of advance work prior to the show date
- A1: ten (10) hours
- brief microphne usage from stage
Light Designers $500
- one (1) spotlight operator
20K Projector, 18K Projector, Seasonal Projection Screen, Projectionist $5,000
NOTE: Cost of Projectionist is based on ten (10) hour day-rate. Extra charges will apply if additional Projectionist or Services are needed.
INSTRUMENTATION / STAGE CONSTRUCTION
- Steinway Piano (includes  tuning by BSO technician) $500
- Organ & Console (includes  tuning by BSO vendor) $2,800
- Choral Risers $1,600
- Platform Decks (per platform) $75
- Stage Extension (all lengths) $3,000
NOTE: Please contact BSO for more information.
- No Intermission $500
- Balloon Drop $750
- Additional Load-In (per hour) Price based on needs
NOTE: This will apply to those who request access 4 hours or more prior to the stated Duration of Engagement.
- Parking Permits (pcost is dependent on fees from City) Price based on needs
- Program Inserts $150
- Excess electrical (*) $500
NOTE: Fee levied for any additional power tie is for sound, lights, busses, catering equipment, etc beyond the normal limits of Symphony Hall.
- Merchandise Commission
Books, CD's & DVD's 10%
All other types 30%
NOTE: Commission is based on the gross sales after tax of each type of item. MA state sales tax is 6.25%.
FUNCTION / SPECIAL EVENT
Additional space is leased on a 3 hour event basis. Additional time can be arranged pending availability.
- Higginson Hall $3,900
- Higginson Hall South $2,300
- Higginson Hall North $2,100
- Nathan R. Miller Room $1,200
- Cabot-Cahners Room $2,750
- O'Block-Kay Room $2,500
Overtime begins two and one half (2.5) hours after the stated Duration of Performance. Overtime begins immediately after
- 00 to 15 minutes: $750
- 16 to 30 minutes: $1,500
- 31 to 45 minutes: $2,250
- 46 to 60 minutes: $3,000
- 61 to 75 minutes: $3,750
Audio/Video Recording &
Separate contract(s) govern the broadcast/reproduction/distribution of all material recording in Symphony Hall.
BSO will contract for and arrange all recording equipment & services on behalf of LICENSEE.
Prices listed below include the cost of studio usage, one (1) engineer at a ten (10) hour day-rate, and royalty fee.
NOTE: The cost of a second engineer (A2) at a ten (10) hour day-rate will be an additional $600. Use of Studio and Engineer(s) beyond ten (10) hours will be subject to an additional charge of $420 per hour.
- Archival $2,800
- Non-Commercial $3,200
- Commercial $4,150
- Archival (includes one camera) $6,450
- Non-Commercial (includes three cameras) $8,600
- Commercial (includes six cameras)$12,000
Video Control Room (Commercial)
- Includes six Sony BRCX1000 robotic cameras, recording, switching, camera operation, graphics production and playback (a full list of equipment is available).
- Pricing includes one Video Engineer (V1) for basic camera operation, switching of cameras, graphics, and recording. Additional crew at the expense of the client. Symphony Hall production staff can book additional crew as needed.
Video Control Room (Non-Commercial)
- Includes three Sony BRCX1000 robotic cameras, recording, switching, and camera operation.
Video Control Room (Archival)
- Includes one Sony BRCX1000 robotic camera, recording, and camera operation.
Additional Services and Overtime
- Additional camera Canon C100 Mark II also available for $300/day (no operator). Operator can be booked based on client’s production needs.
- ost production priced at $600/10 hours; half day rates also available.
- Client is responsible for transmission. Hard drive supplied by the client for recordings.
For further information and bookings, please contact:
Event Services at (617)
These charges are subject to change without notice.