Rent the Hall
All fees are subject to change without notice.
Expenses are determined by production requirements - please use this sheet for budget purposes only.
Monday through Thursday: $5,400
Friday through Sunday: $5,700
Holidays (state & federal): $6,800
- 2.5 hour performance
- 5 hour public occupancy
- Stage Manager & additional BSO stage
- Heating/Air Conditioning
- Concert lighting (orchestral white)
- Electrician & HVAC technician
of House Personnel
Front of House personnel for (1) concert: $4,800
- Front of House Manager
- Additional FOH supervisors, staff, coat check, door, matron & access coordinators
- Private security
- Boston Police $1,400
Boston Police (traffic & security detail)
NOTE: BPD required for ALL events.
- Orchestra/Band Rehearsal $1,800
(3 hour max. without prior approval***)
- Soloist & Accompanist Rehearsal $1,000
(3 hour max. without prior approval***)
- Rehearsal within (2) hours of stated performance $ N/C
(subject to availability)
- Entertainment License $150
***NOTE: Rehearsal requests beyond (3) hours are subject to availability. Cost is pro-rated request to the nearest ½ hour.
Box Office Services $1,700
- programming & sales set up
- (12) weeks [max] of sales via
- staffing on night of performance
- weekly sales reporting
- ticket printing (BSO stock)
Consignment (excess of 1,000) $1000
Stage Seats (when possible, per seat) $15
BSO Audio Engineer (A1) $600
NOTE: Charge is for a (10) hour "day rate" OT is 1.5 times per hour after (10) hours. Rate may be affected by BSO/OSE schedule.
House PA System $2000
- House P.A. (d&b Q1 left/right array)
- (3) center subs (if applicable)
- BSO equipment (mics, mic cables, etc)
Monitor System $350
NOTE: May require an additional sound tech (A2).
Additional labor not included.
Color wash $1,200
- (3) primary color washes
- minimal programming
- operator for performance
Solo wash $750
- white or colored lighting
- fixed position (no programming)
NOTE: Please note that ALL spotlights require IATSE Local #11 personnel. Labor not included.
Projector (Barco - 18,000 lumen HD w/ lens) $2,500
NOTE: Price may vary based on additional Licensee requirements - includes BSO screen [20' x 15' - U.S. Center].
INSTRUMENTATION / STAGE CONSTRUCTION
- Steinway Piano (includes  tuning) $500
- Organ Console (includes  tuning) $2,800
- Choral Risers [(1) - (4) levels] $1,600
- Platform Decks (4' x 8' sections w/ adjustable legs) $75
- Stage Extension (all lengths) $3,000
NOTE: Please contact BSO for more information.
- No Intermission $300
- Additional Load-In (single use fee) $500
NOTE: This will apply to those who request access 4 hours or more prior to the stated Duration of Engagement.
- Parking Permits (price varies by size of request) $200
- Program Inserts $150
- Stage Seating $15
- Merchandise Commission
Books, CD's & DVD's 10%
All other types 30%
NOTE: BSO does not provide sellers. Licensee will provide back up of all sale transactions to BSO. MA state tax is 6.25% - Licensee responsible for reporting tax.
FUNCTION / SPECIAL EVENT /
Additional space is leased on a 2.5 hour event basis. Additional time can be arranged pending availability. Prices will be prorated on a per hour basis.
- Higginson Hall $3,900
- Higginson Hall South $2,300
- Higginson Hall North $2,100
- Nathan R. Miller Room $1,200
- Cabot-Cahners Room $2,750
- O'Block-Kay Room (not available pre-concert) $2,500
- Chorus Room $500
Overtime begins two and one half (2.5) hours after the stated Duration of Performance.
- 01 to 15 minutes: $750
- 16 to 30 minutes: $1,500
- 31 to 45 minutes: $2,250
- 46 to 60 minutes: $3,000
Audio/Video Recording &
Separate contract(s) govern the broadcast/reproduction/distribution of all material recording in Symphony Hall. Symphony Hall will coordinate the vendors, engineers, etc for all recordings at Symphony through preferred vendors. Please coordinate any Prices listed below do not include the cost of engineers, recording equipment, materials or other associated costs.
- Archival $750
- Non-Commercial $1,150
- Commercial $2,100 VIDEO
- Archival $ 1,150
- Non-Commercial $ 2,300
- Commercial $ 3,500
A current tax exemption letter from the Internal Revenue Service (state or federal) must submitted to be considered for non-profit discount(s).
- (09) performances or less per SEASON $ (400)
- (10) performances or more per SEASON $ (600)
For further information and bookings, please contact:
Event Services at
These charges are subject to change without notice.