Many groups attending Boston Symphony and Boston Pops concerts enhance their concert experience by renting function space in either Symphony Hall or in the adjacent Eunice and Julian Cohen Wing. These rooms can accommodate up to 380 people for a seated dinner, 550 for a standing reception, or 700 for a lecture, and are also available for events not held in conjunction with concerts.
All fees are subject to change without notice.
Expenses are determined by production requirements - please use this for budget purposes only. For information and bookings, please contact Events Services at email@example.com.
- Access to and use of the space for 3 hours
- BSO-owned Tables
- BSO-owned Chairs
- FOH Staff (defined as 1 door person, 1 coat check person and 1 matron)
- Security (defined as 1 door security person and 1 rover when applicable)
- Basic Audio (defined as 1 microphone and the sound system)
Price DOES NOT include:
- Additional Audio or Video equipment
- Boston Police Detail requests
- Rental Tables, Chairs, etc
- Bar set up, labor & product
- Catering set up, labor & product
- Overtime: $300 per hour
- Opening additional function rooms within 24 hours of scheduled event time will result in a $500 fee in addition to the room rental charge
- Police Officer: $65 per hour, per officer
- Steinway Grand Piano:$250 (includes tuning)
- LCD Projector: $100 (Screen included)
- Balloon Drop in Concert Hall: $500
- Resetting Cabot Cahners & O'Block-Kay Room: $400
Certain staffing is required for events beginning prior to time of doors opening as well as post-concert events. Please speak with someone in Event Services for more information.
Room rental rates are based on three hours. Non-profit room rental rates also available. There are also additional charges associated with room rentals.
Not all charges are mandatory and should be discussed with the special events manager when calling to reserve space.
For information and bookings, please contact Events Services at (617) 638-9240.