Tanglewood Grounds Regulations
- The following are prohibited from the grounds:
- Animals, except service dogs.
- Drones, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, etc.
- Motorized vehicles, except transport devices used by individuals with mobility impairments.
- Weapons with or without permit.
- Cooking, open flames, grilling, fireworks, etc.
- Unauthorized ticket resellers, solicitation, and distribution of materials.
- No eating or drinking (except water) is permitted inside any of the concert halls.
- During Shed concerts, children may play ball in designated areas around the Tappan Manor House and in the Apple Tree Lot of Ozawa Hall. Please be mindful of other patrons seated on the lawn.
- Ball playing is not permitted on the Shed lawn at any time when the grounds are open for a Shed concert.
- Photography and video recordings are prohibited during concerts.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn inside concert halls. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- No areas of the lawn may be cordoned off for any reason.
- For security reasons, we reserve the right to inspect bags and other items brought on campus.
Pest repellent damages the Tanglewood lawn. Please apply carefully and never directly on the grass or in the direction of other patrons.
For the health and safety of all, no smoking or vaping of any substance will be permitted anywhere on the Tanglewood grounds.
Patrons are permitted to use small, open-sided canopies:
- This includes tents, umbrellas, sport-brellas, and other portable lawn equipment to provide shade.
- Equipment must be open on all sides, have stakes no more than 6 inches in length, take up no more than 6 square feet (or 4 feet in diameter), and must be used only in areas designated by Tanglewood staff. Canopies exceeding these limitations will need to be removed.
- Patrons assume responsibility for properly securing lawn equipment and for any damages to persons or property arising from the use of such equipment.
- Tanglewood retains the right to prohibit the use of any lawn equipment that interferes with its infrastructure, causes a potential safety issue, or impairs the lawn experience for other patrons.
Accessible seats and other accommodations are available by calling 617-638-9431 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Balcony levels of Ozawa Hall are not accessible by elevator. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, please inform the Box Office when purchasing tickets so we can provide you with orchestra-level seating.
- Learn more about accessible accommodations at Tanglewood.
Located at the Main Gate next to the Box Office, this is your one-stop shop for general information, literature, and lost and found. For information after June 11, call 413-637-5180.
Severe Weather Evacuation Policy
In the event of severe weather conditions, a coordinated campus-wide alert will be issued. Patrons and staff will be directed to shelters in a safe and orderly manner. We regret there can be no refunds, even in the event of inclement weather.