Free Symphony Hall Tours and Private Tours
Irving W. and Charlotte F. Rabb Symphony Hall Tours
Go Behind The Scenes!
Free Tour of Symphony Hall
Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour of America's premier concert hall. Experienced members of the Boston Symphony Association of Volunteers unfold the history and traditions of the Boston Symphony Orchestra-its musicians, conductors, and supporters as well as offer information about the Hall.
Tours of Symphony Hall have ended for this season. They will resume in the fall of 2019. Please check back in September for an updated schedule. We look forward to inviting you into our Hall!
- Minimum group participation of 10 and a maximum of 100 people including chaperones.
- The recommended minimum age for tours is 13.
- Tours can be booked four to six months in advance. The must be requested no later than three weeks before the date.
- Symphony Hall is a working concert facility. For that reason, conditions could arise in which the availability to enter and view the interior of the Hall may change without advanced warning. In that event, Symphony Hall reserves the right to alter or postpone arrangements until such a time as conditions allow access to the hall.
- Tours are generally offered every day of the week, schedule permitting from the start of the Boston Symphony Orchestra season in late September/early October through the end of the Boston Pops spring season in June. Generally, we are not able to begin a tour before 9 AM or start a tour after 7 PM.
- $12 per person
- $7 per person if the group is attending a Boston Symphony Orchestra concert or Boston Pops concert or organizing a private event in Symphony Hall within one week of the tour.
- Free for local Boston-area elementary schools, high schools and youth/education community groups. This does not include college/university groups.
Tours last approximately 60-90 minutes depending on the group. Experienced members of the Boston Symphony Association of Volunteers unfold the history and traditions of the Boston Symphony Orchestra-its musicians, conductors, and supporters-as well as offer information about the Hall.
Tours include viewing of public spaces in Symphony Hall, as well as select behind-the-scenes areas when available.
Your tour will be confirmed four to six weeks prior to the tour date.
If you have questions please contact Kathleen Pendleton at email@example.com or 617-638-9391.
All groups, over 10 participants, requesting a Symphony Hall tour are asked to make reservations via the form below, no later than three weeks before the tour date.