From Film Nights celebrating Boston Pops Conductor Laureate John Williams' 90th birthday year to star-studded tributes to Broadway, jazz, and gospel, the dynamic 2022 Boston Pops spring season offers audiences the very best across a variety of genres
Highlights of the 2022 Boston Pops Spring Season Include:
- The Boston Pops season-opener, The Magical Music of Alan Menken (5/19 & 21), under the direction of Keith Lockhart, and featuring Broadway stars Susan Egan (Beauty and the Beast, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Cabaret), Telly Leung (Glee, Aladdin, Rent), and Alton Fitzgerald White (The Lion King, The Color Purple, Ragtime) performing favorite songs by the legendary composer of The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Little Shop of Horrors, and much more
- In honor of Boston Pops Conductor Laureate John Williams' 90th birthday year, Lockhart-led Film Night screenings of the enchanting Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (5/26 & 28) and 1980 classic Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (6/2-4), accompanied by the Pops performing Williams' blockbuster scores
- Tony nominee Christopher Jackson, who originated the role of George Washington in Hamilton, joining the Pops and Keith Lockhart for an evening of his favorite songs from pop, Broadway, and more (6/7 & 8) — as well as sharing the stage with winners of the Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition (6/7)
- Pianist Lara Downes and singer and actor Brian Stokes Mitchell performing in Duke Ellington Reimagined, an exploration of the unforgettable mark Duke Ellington and jazz pianist/composer Billy Strayhorn left on American music (6/9 & 10), under the direction of Keith Lockhart
- For the 28th annual Gospel Night (6/11), Boston Pops, the Boston Pops Gospel Choir, and conductor Charles Floyd collaborating with Grammy winner and gospel superstar Smokie Norful
View an online press kit with B roll and photos.
To request interviews or press tickets, contact Grace Munns at email@example.com or call 617-638-9286.
Quote from Keith Lockhart, Julian and Eunice Cohen Boston Pops Conductor
“The musicians of the Boston Pops Orchestra join me in expressing our sheer joy in presenting the upcoming Spring Pops season and welcoming back a live audience at Symphony Hall in 2022! While re-opening Symphony Hall last fall and with Holiday Pops, so many of us have felt the power and meaning of the live concert experience more than ever before. We bring the music of this spring season to our audiences, but it’s our audiences — by their participation, enthusiasm, and expressions of gratitude — who bring all of us a sense of purpose and inspire a deep appreciation of community that enriches all our lives."
Senior Director, Public Relations and Communications