BSO Family Concerts
‘The Beautiful Sounds of Friendship’
(A Musical Look at Connectivity and Belonging)
Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Boston, MA
The BSO’s Family Concert Series provides engaging, age appropriate, educational orchestral concert experiences especially for children ages 3–8 and their families. This sensory-friendly concert, designed for all families with children or adults diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or sensory sensitivities, has a flexible, non-judgmental environment that is also suitable for those seeking more freedom to talk and move during the performance.
The following modifications will help to create a welcoming environment at Symphony Hall:
- reduced volume and lighting levels
- relaxed house rules that allow for more movement
- available noise-reduction headphones
- designated quiet room and support spaces
- modified food concessions
- credentialed autism therapist volunteers on site
- For this concert only, the BSO will relax its normal policy and honor credits to those who need to cancel or leave the concert early in the program.
- Following the performance, there will be a post-concert Instrument Playground of string instruments
- Please check back here for the Social Narrative or if you’ve purchased tickets for this performance, we will send a copy to your email
Doors open at 11am.