Young Artists Competition
About the Young Artists
Massachusetts high school students compete for a chance to perform at a Boston Pops concert at Symphony Hall.
The Boston Pops and Fidelity Investments are looking for talented high school instrumental and vocalists (soloists and ensembles of up to five members) performing music of any genre. Up to four acts will be selected to perform live on stage at a Boston Pops concert on June 6, 2017. This concert will also feature Tony Award® and Grammy Award® winning multifaceted performer from the musical Hamilton, Leslie Odom, Jr.
An opportunity to perform on stage before a live audience at a Boston Pops concert on June 6 at Symphony Hall. Private coaching sessions with professional musicians
- 6 tickets to the June 6 concert
- Recognition in the concert program
- Professional headshot and photos of the performance on stage at the concert
- $100 Gift Card for each winning student
- Applicants must be full-time students in good standing in grades 9-12 who attend any public, private or parochial high school, or are home school registered in the state of Massachusetts.
- Entrants must be legal U.S. residents or in the process of obtaining citizenship and must be in between 13 and 19 years of age as of January 2, 2017.
- Entrants must be instrumentalists and/or vocalists performing music of any genre.
We're here to help
Choose a musical piece, no longer than 4 minutes in length, that best represents the act's talents and is conducive to a live performance with the Boston Pops.If you need any assistance preparing student acts, recording performances, completing the application or anything else that might come up, please email YAC@bso.org.
How to Apply
All applicants must mail in a completed application form with a YouTube link to your performance of no more than 4 minutes in length. If entering as an ensemble, each individual ensemble member must submit his/her own application with a link to the group's YouTube video.
All applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of application within 2 business days of receipt.
All entries must be received by Tuesday, March 21, 2017.
Applications must be submitted by mail to: Attn: Corporate Sponsors, Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition, Symphony Hall, 301 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
All finalists must be available to attend all concert activities
on the following dates:
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Monday, April 10, 2017
Announcement of winners
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Saturday, June 3, 2017
Monday, June 5, 2017
Boston Pops concert
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Watch the 2016 Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition Video!
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/fidelitycompetition for competition news and updates.