Young Artists Competition
ABOUT THE FIDELITY INVESTMENTS YOUNG ARTISTS COMPETITION
Massachusetts high school students audition for a chance to perform at a Boston Pops concert at Symphony Hall.
The Boston Pops and Fidelity Investments are looking for talented high school instrumental and vocalists (soloists and ensembles of up to five members) performing music of any genre. Up to four acts will be selected to perform at a Boston Pops virtual concert which will be part of our Spring Pops season programming. As a winner you will get the opportunity to work with world class musicians from the Boston Pops and one-on-one coaching with Maestro Keith Lockhart in preparation for your performance.
An opportunity to perform at a virtual Boston Pops concert that will be streamed publicly this Spring.
- Private coaching sessions with professional musicians
- 30 tickets to stream the virtual concert
- Recognition in the concert program
- Recording of their performance at the concert
- $100 Gift Card for each winning student
- Additional tickets provided to each winner’s school!
- Applicants must be full-time students in good standing in grades 9-12 who attend any public, private or parochial high school, or are home school registered in the state of Massachusetts.
- Entrants must be legal U.S. residents or in the process of obtaining citizenship and must be in between 13 and 19 years of age as of February 12, 2021.
- Entrants must be instrumentalists and/or vocalists performing music of any genre.
We’re here to help
Choose a musical piece, no longer than 4 minutes in length, that best represents the act’s talents and is conducive to a live performance with the Boston Pops. If you are a classical performer, you must choose a piece with an existing orchestral accompaniment. If you need any assistance selecting the appropriate audition piece, recording performances, completing the application or anything else that might come up, please email YAC@bso.org.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a completed application form with a YouTube link to your performance of no more than 4 minutes in length. You can submit your application and YouTube video online at:
If entering as an ensemble, each individual ensemble member MUST submit his/her own application with a link to the group’s YouTube video.
If you need to apply offline please download and complete the application linked below. Submitted by mail to- Attn: Corporate Sponsors, Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition, Symphony Hall, 301 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 All applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of application within 2 business days of receipt.
All entries must be received by March 31, 2021.
All finalists must be available to attend all concert activities on the following dates:
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Monday, April 5, 2021
Announcement of winners:
Wednesday, April 6, 2021
Rehearsals (Coaching sessions to be selected from the following days in April 2021 and May 2021; alternate dates may apply)
Boston Pops Sound Checks, Rehearsals, and Recording Session
Monday, May 3-Friday, May 7, 2021
*please note that we will clarify date and time for all required sessions as soon as we a confirmed schedule available
Boston Pops Concert Available for streaming to the public
Early June 2021, Date TBD
*Sponsor and BSO reserve the right to schedule substitutes and/or additional rehearsal dates.
Watch the 2019 Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition Video: