Young Artists Competition
About the Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition
Massachusetts high school students audition for a chance to perform at a Boston Pops concert at Symphony Hall.
The Boston Pops and Fidelity Investments are looking for talented high school instrumental and vocalists (soloists and ensembles of up to five members) performing music of any genre. Up to four acts will be selected to perform live on stage at a Boston Pops concert on May 22, 2019. This concert will also feature Grammy Award® Winner and acclaimed folk and bluegrass star, Rhiannon Giddens.
An opportunity to perform on stage before a live audience at a Boston Pops concert on May 22 at Symphony Hall.
- Private coaching sessions with professional musicians
- 6 tickets to the May 22 concert
- Recognition in the concert program
- Professional headshot and photos of the performance on stage at the concert
- $100 Gift Card for each winning student
- Applicants must be full-time students in good standing in grades 9-12 who attend any public, private or parochial high school, or are home school registered in the state of Massachusetts.
- Entrants must be legal U.S. residents or in the process of obtaining citizenship and must be in between 13 and 19 years of age as of January 2, 2019.
- Entrants must be instrumentalists and/or vocalists performing music of any genre.
We’re here to help
Choose a musical piece, no longer than 4 minutes in length, that best represents the act’s talents and is conducive to a live performance with the Boston Pops. If you need any assistance preparing student acts, recording performances, completing the application or anything else that might come up, please email YAC@bso.org.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a completed application form with a YouTube link to your performance of no more than 4 minutes in length. You can submit your application and youtube video online at
If entering as an ensemble, each individual ensemble member MUST submit his/her own application with a link to the group’s YouTube video.
If you need to apply offline please download and complete the application linked below. Submitted by mail to- Attn: Corporate Sponsors, Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition, Symphony Hall, 301 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 All applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of application within 2 business days of receipt.
All entries must be received by March 20, 2019.
All finalists must be available to attend all concert activities on the following dates:
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Announcement of winners:
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Rehearsals (Coaching sessions to be selected from the following days in May)
Saturday, May 4, 2019
Saturday, May 11, 2019
Saturday, May 18, 2019
Boston Pops Orchestra Rehearsal
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Boston Pops concert
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
*Sponsor and BSO reserve the right to schedule substitutes and/or additional rehearsal dates.
Watch the 2018 Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition Video
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/thebostonpops for competition news and updates.