Mar 11, 2022, 8:00pm EST
Program Notes & Works
On December 9, 1832, Hector Berlioz won the heart of his beloved Harriet Smithson, whom he had never met, with a concert including the Symphonie fantastique, for which she had unknowingly served as inspiration when the composer fell hopelessly in love with her some years before.
The Unanswered Question
Ives wrote his atmospheric The Unanswered Question originally for chamber ensemble in 1908; the version with full strings dates from the 1930s.
What’s Different About the Casual Friday Experience
- These concerts have lower ticket prices at $40, $56, and $66, depending on seat location.
- You'll get to know BSO double bassist Ben Levy through introductory remarks before the concert starts.
- The program is shorter than a typical BSO performance, with no intermission.
- Audiences seated in the Tech Section, a rear section of the floor, will enjoy Conductor-Cam seating. With strategically placed screens, patrons can see the conductor from the orchestra’s perspective.
- Stick around after the concert for a Casual Conversation with the musicians to learn more about their experiences and the music you heard during the concert.
- There’s no need to wonder if your outfit is dressy enough; casual clothes are encouraged at these concerts!
Lead Season Sponsor
Supporting Season Sponsors
COVID-19 Health & Safety
Effective May 11: Be sure to read about our updated health and safety protocols before attending. Welcome back!