Applications for 2024 Instrumental Fellowships are now closed.
- Online application must be completed by January 23, 2024 at 11:59PM Eastern.
- Applicants to the Tanglewood Music Center must be at least 18 years old as of June 21, 2024.
- Applicants must be available for the entire duration of the 2024 TMC residency from June 21 – August 20.
- Applicants to the Tanglewood Music Center (TMC) must submit an application, including a $75 nonrefundable application fee, via app.getacceptd.com/tanglewood. Applicants experiencing any hardship that they feel renders them unable to pay the application fee are asked to contact the TMC office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application fee waiver.
- All applicants must either schedule a live audition or upload a video audition. Live audition dates are listed below.
Applicants who are auditioning live should first complete their application. After completing your application, beginning on November 21, you will receive a notification to sign up for an audition slot. These slots are available on a first come, first serve basis, so it is highly recommended that you submit your application early before slots fill up.
UPDATE: Live audition dates have begun to fill up for the 2024 audition tour. We will update this webpage regularly as dates become full. If you would like to be added to a waitlist for a date that is already full, or if you have other questions regarding scheduling issues, please email us at email@example.com.
2024 TMC Live Audition Dates
Applicants may submit a video in lieu of a live audition. Video auditions must be submitted along with applications by January 23, 2024 at 11:59PM Eastern.
All video recordings must meet the following criteria:
- Recordings must contain all audition repertoire in the order listed.
- Recordings must be played in one continuous, unedited segment.
- For percussion ONLY videos may be in three segments, as noted on the audition repertoire list.
- Video must be from a single video camera, with the same shot for the entire video.
- Your full body must be in the shot for video.
- Any indication that there has been editing or that recording equipment was paused/stopped between excerpts will result in the disqualification of the applicant.
- All pieces should be played unaccompanied.
Some advice for getting the best video possible:
- We strongly recommend you view your recording all the way through before submitting it.
- Record in a quiet space with no background noise present. If you're at home, make sure you're away from noisy appliances like refrigerators and air conditioners.
- Ensure your microphone is not too close to your instrument when playing.
- Note that the sole purpose of the video is to ensure that you are the one playing your audition, and that it is in one continuous segment. If you have to choose between amazing audio and amazing video, choose amazing audio.
Excerpt Packets are Now Available