- Online application must be completed by December 15, 2023 at 11:59PM Eastern.
- Applicants to the Tanglewood Music Center must be at least 18 years old as of June 21, 2024.
- Applicants must be available for the entire duration of the 2024 TMC residency from June 21 – August 20.
- Applicants to the Tanglewood Music Center (TMC) must submit an application, including a $75 application fee, via getacceptd.com/tanglewood. Applicants experiencing any hardship that they feel renders them unable to pay the application fee are asked to contact the TMC office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application fee waiver.
As part of completing the online application, composition applicants will be required to submit:
- Current resume, including information on performance ability, training, and accomplishments on any instruments.
- One letter of recommendation. You will be asked to provide the contact information for this reference on the GetAcceptd application. Upon completion of your application, they will be prompted to upload the recommendation. Recommendations should be in PDF format.
- A list of works composed over the last five years.
- Recordings of at least three works, one of which must have been written in the past year. These works must span at least three years in the composer's development. Audio files should be clearly labeled with the work title and movement where applicable.
- Applicants must submit at least one piece of chamber music as a proposal for live performance during the season and should clearly notate this in the “Notes” section of that piece on GetAcceptd when submitting their application.
Important Tips for Applicants:
- Make sure that you provide a score for every recording submitted.
- Before submitting your audio files, you should listen to them all the way through to ensure that they work in their entirety and that the sound quality is acceptable.
- All applause, verbal introductions, and tuning should be edited from the sample.
- In short, applicants should strive to present as professional a recording as possible.