Applications for the Conducting Program are now open!
Apply using the button below.
- Online application must be completed by December 15, 2023 at 11:59PM Eastern.
- Applicants to the Tanglewood Music Center must be at least 18 years old as of June 21, 2024.
- Applicants must be available for the entire duration of the 2024 TMC residency from June 21 – August 20.
- Applicants to the Tanglewood Music Center (TMC) must submit an application, including a $75 application fee, via getacceptd.com/tanglewood. Applicants experiencing any hardship that they feel renders them unable to pay the application fee are asked to contact the TMC office at email@example.com to request an application fee waiver.
As part of completing the online application, conducting applicants will be required to submit:
- A current resume
- One letter of recommendation. You will be asked to provide the contact information for this reference on the GetAcceptd application. Upon completion of your application, they will be prompted to upload the recommendation. Recommendations should be in PDF format.
- A list of repertoire conducted in public (including ensemble, location, and date)
- Video samples (see requirements below)
Applicants must upload FIVE video samples:
- FOUR samples of footage of the applicant conducting an orchestra in concert, from a minimum of two different concerts.
- ONE sample must be of a rehearsal.
- Samples should be as recent as possible.
- Samples should display a variety of repertoire styles including classical, romantic, and modern works.
- If possible, these samples should include the candidate working with at least two different orchestras.
- Repeat applicants are strongly encouraged to offer material different from that which they have previously submitted.
Each sample should be uploaded as a separate video file and together should total no more than 30 minutes in length. Video footage should focus on the conductor, not the ensemble.
A limited number of finalists for the conducting program will be invited to participate in live interviews with a panel of judges including BSO Music Director Andris Nelsons in January 2024. These interviews will be conducted over Zoom.