Composition Program Application Requirements
DEADLINE: December 2, 2019
All applicants to the Tanglewood Music Center must submit an application, including a $75 application fee, via getacceptd.com/tanglewood.
Applicants to the TMC composition program should be at least 18 years old.
As part of completing the online application, composition applicants will be required to submit:
- Current resume, including information on performance ability, training, and accomplishments on any instruments
- One letter of recommendation, to be submitted via GetAcceptd.com
- Recordings of at least three works, one of which must have been written in the past year; these works must span at least three years in the composer's development. Audio files should be clearly labeled with the work title and movement where applicable.
- List of works composed over the last five years
Sample Scores and Recordings – Requirements and Instructions:
Submitted compositions may be for any performing forces, except that at least one of the submitted scores MUST be the one the applicant would designate for performance at the TMC.
This piece must fulfill the following requirements:
- Composed for a small chamber ensemble (up to six players)
- No longer than 15 minutes in length
- Clearly marked as the score the applicant would choose for performance at the TMC
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR APPLICANTS: Make sure that you provide a score for every recording submitted. Before submitting your audio files, you should listen to them all the way through to ensure that they work in their entirety and that the sound quality is acceptable. All applause, verbal introductions, and tuning should be edited from the sample. In short, applicants should strive to present as professional a recording as possible.
Fellows must be available for the entire duration of the 2020 TMC residency: June 18, 2020 through August 17, 2020.
Online application must be completed by December 2, 2019 at 11:59PM EST.