Young Artists Competition
Information Regarding COVID-19
At this time the Boston Pops and Fidelity Investments have made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 Artists Fidelity Competition until further notice. It is our goal to provide a meaningful and impactful experience for all students that apply to our competition. We feel that we can do so by postponing and moving forward at a different time. We will make updates to our website as we have new information. We will be in touch separately with applicants that have submitted their applications and are happy to answer any questions. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE FIDELITY INVESTMENTS YOUNG ARTISTS COMPETITION
Massachusetts high school students audition for a chance to perform at a Boston Pops concert at Symphony Hall.
The Boston Pops and Fidelity Investments are looking for talented high school instrumental and vocalists (soloists and ensembles of up to five members) performing music of any genre. Up to four acts will be selected to perform live on stage at a Boston Pops concert.
An opportunity to perform on stage before a live audience at a Boston Pops concert at Symphony Hall.
- Private coaching sessions with professional musicians
- 6 tickets to the concert
- Recognition in the concert program
- Professional headshot and photos of the performance on stage at the concert
- $100 Gift Card for each winning student
- Applicants must be full-time students in good standing in grades 9-12 who attend any public, private or parochial high school, or are home school registered in the state of Massachusetts.
- Entrants must be legal U.S. residents or in the process of obtaining citizenship and must be in between 13 and 19 years of age as of January 3, 2020.
- Entrants must be instrumentalists and/or vocalists performing music of any genre.
We’re here to help
Choose a musical piece, no longer than 4 minutes in length, that best represents the act’s talents and is conducive to a live performance with the Boston Pops. If you are a classical performer, you must choose a piece with an existing orchestral accompaniment. If you need any assistance selecting the appropriate audition piece, recording performances, completing the application or anything else that might come up, please email YAC@bso.org.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a completed application form with a YouTube link to your performance of no more than 4 minutes in length. You can submit your application and YouTube video online:
If entering as an ensemble, each individual ensemble member MUST submit his/her own application with a link to the group’s YouTube video.
If you need to apply offline please download and complete the application linked below. Submitted by mail to- Attn: Corporate Sponsors, Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition, Symphony Hall, 301 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 All applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of application within 2 business days of receipt.
Watch the 2019 Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition Video: