The Boston Pops and Fidelity Investments are looking for talented high school instrumentalists and vocalists (soloists and ensembles of up to five members) performing music of any genre. Up to four acts will be selected to perform at a Boston Pops virtual concert, which will be part of our Spring Pops season programming. As a winner, you will get the opportunity to work with world-class musicians from the Boston Pops and receive one-on-one coaching with Maestro Keith Lockhart in preparation for your performance.
- An opportunity to perform at a virtual Boston Pops concert that will be streamed publicly this spring
- Private coaching sessions with professional musicians
- 30 tickets to stream the virtual concert
- Recognition in the concert program
- Recording of your performance at the concert
- $100 gift card for each winning student
- Additional tickets provided to each winner’s school!
- Applicants must be full-time students in good standing in grades 9-12 who attend any public, private, or parochial high school, or are home school registered in the state of Massachusetts.
- Entrants must be legal U.S. residents or in the process of obtaining citizenship and must be between 13 and 19 years of age as of February 12, 2021.
- Entrants must be instrumentalists and/or vocalists performing music of any genre.
We’re Here to Help
Choose a musical piece, no longer than four minutes in length, that best represents your talents and is conducive to a live performance with the Boston Pops. If you are a classical performer, you must choose a piece with an existing orchestral accompaniment. If you need any assistance selecting the appropriate audition piece, recording performances, completing the application, or anything else that might come up, please email YAC@bso.org.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a completed application form with a YouTube link to your performance of no more than four minutes in length. You can submit your application and YouTube video online at: